Here are 9 tips for creating a good brand name:
- If you use a meaningless name, you'll have to spend $$$ to add your meaning. This worked for Kodak.
- If you choose a name with meaning (e.g. our "Marketingsage") make sure it's unique so you can trademark it.
- If the word is already trademarked, move on.
- If you can't get the dot-com, move on.
- Best stick to one word if you can.
- It should spell as it sounds (if you want it to be searchable).
- Shorter words are better.
- Early alphabet is better (e.g. starts with A).
- Don't use capital letters in the middle (e.g. "MarketingSage"). Spell checkers will always break it into two words.
You'll probably need to brainstorm 50+ words. However, sometimes asking a child for their (uninhibited) ideas will produce an instant result.
Marketingsage is a full service marketing firm that helps other marketers and business executives increase revenue by cost-effectively generating sales leads, building brands, launching products and developing sales channels. With Marketingsage you can add expertise, bandwidth, specialized tools and contacts when you need them, for as long as you need them.
If you think Marketingsage may be able to help you and your business, please give us a call at 925-426-0488 or click here to have us contact you.