Strategic Marketing Counsel and Process Design
Strategy is the science of mapping future success. For business marketing, success is generating profitable sales in a measurable way. Research, promotions, sales channels, product development, pricing, staffing and everything else that represent marketing's resources should be managed as means to that end.
The benefits of a strategic advisor are substantial for individuals and businesses:
Whether you are the CEO or a department manager, you benefit from the qualified unbiased perspective of someone who is not distracted by the day-to-day issues you manage or the politics of your organization. Your advisor can help you see the bigger picture, review alternatives and help you articulate your strategy in terms that management, or a board of directors, can support.
The very process or planning a strategy makes you and your organization stronger because it forces everyone to think, debate and ultimately narrow many alternative approaches to one that's right for your unique situation.
Strategic advice is at its most useful when:
It's tailored to your situation, goals, resources, and competitive environment. Generic "Silver Bullet" strategies make great articles by simplifying the complex concepts. However, what worked for someone else's situation may not work for yours and you could lose a lot of time and resources before realizing that.
You share all the facts about your situation with your advisor.
The advisor is expected to execute the strategy. Be wary of plans from consultants who do not get involved with the actual execution or who have never executed what they are recommending. The devil is always in the details.
Marketingsage can help you:
- By taking on a visible or background role as a contracted vice present or director of marketing.
- Prepare strategic marketing plans and investor presentations.
- Develop your resale channel strategy and negotiate effective resale agreements.
- Launch new products.
- Increase sales of existing products.
- Develop an ROI-centric advertising strategy.
- Prioritize product and feature development.
- Position your product in a competitive marketplace.
- Define your sales lead management process using salesforce.com or other CRM system.
- Mentor and train marketing staff.
- Develop appropriate win-win measurements for marketing job performance.
Learn more about how your business beat your competition, attract better sales leads and win the loyalty of your customers by contacting Marketingsage now.